Centralized Qualifying Trials for the Amoeba 27th National Tenpin Bowling Championship 2017 (ANTBC-2017) will be held at Amoeba, Church Street, Bangalore, from 16th Feb – 18th Feb 2017. The centralized Qualifying trails is open to all Men bowlers who have not qualified through State Ranking Events or Trials in their respective States held in India and All Overseas bowlers based Indian bowlers, including those who could not qualify in the Overseas trials.
The schedule, format, entry fee, rules and contact information are provided in the sections below.
- All bowlers will play 2 blocks of 6 games each.
- First block of 6 games will be played on Tokyo – 44’ on 16th February.
- Second block of 6 games will be played on Melbourne – 37’ on 17th February.
Top 20 bowlers based on total pin fall of 12 games will qualify for Round II.
- Top 20 qualifiers will play 2 blocks of 4 games each.
- First block of 4 games will be played on Tokyo – 44’ on 18th February.
- Second block of 4 games will be played on Melbourne – 37’ on 18th February.
Top 8 bowlers based on total pinfall of 20 games will qualify to participate in 27th NTBC – 2017. [In addition to those who qualified through State Ranking Tournaments / Trials / Wild Cards]
Note: Number of bowlers who qualify from the above mentioned Qualifying Rounds will be minimum of 8.
- All games will be in league format.
- Rules other than the ones specifically mentioned in the Rules section will be in accordance with WTBA playing rules.
- Use of Powder on the lanes or shoes is not allowed
Out Of Turn Play
- In case a bowler bowls on the wrong lane or out of turn that frame will not be considered regardless of whether it is a strike or a split. The bowler must re-bowl the frame on the correct lane or turn
Late to the event
- When a bowler arrives after the start of the Squad he loses the number of games or frames that have been completed by the bowlers in his lane
Ex: If a bowler arrives after his allocated co-bowler has completed 1 game and 5 frames in the second game, he will start bowling from 5th frame of that game
- Lane maintenance will be done before the start of every Squad
- Tokyo - 44’
- Melbourne - 37’
Tie breaking rule
- Tie for all ranking positions will be decided on the highest score in last game of the last block. (In case there is a tie in last game score, the previous will be considered to break the tie and this will go on until the tie is broken
- All the bowlers must wear collared tee shirts.
- All members should strive to conduct themselves in a mature and sportsmanlike manner.
- Kicking ball returns, chairs, etc. and loud profanity will not be tolerated. A member consistently displaying this type of unsportsmanlike behavior will be given a code of ethics violation.
- All the bowlers are requested to voluntarily bring to notice incidents like jump ball, out of turn play etc. to the lane master.
In case of any disputes, the tournament committee will resolve the disputes.
ENTRY FEES: Rs.1800 per bowler to be paid at the venue.
- Last date for giving entry is 14th FEB 2017
- Maximum No. of participants will not exceed 60.
- Allocation of Batches will be on first come first served basis.
Last date for submission of Entries:
On or before 14th FEB, 2017
Please submit your entries by sending an email to:
For further details, please contact:
Mr. R. Kannan